By Wen (Plot 223)
Watercress with Honey is a popular drink in Hong Kong during winter/spring months.
It is suppose to deter cold/flu and coughing.
- 1kg of watercress
- 10 cups of water
- 2 pears
- 6 dried figs (optional)
- 60g honey
- 80g brown sugar
- Peel and core pears, cut into large pieces.
- Boil the watercress, pears and figs in water. Simmer for 2 hours.
- Pour the liquid into another pot.
- Add honey and brown sugar. Stir until dissolve. Put the heat on if required.
- Let it cool, seal it in a jar and put it in fridge.
- When serve, dilute the watercress liquid with about two-third to half cup of water, depending your taste. Serve hot or cold.
If you would like a watercress plant, please see Wen at Plot 223.